Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Top 100

My thanks to Stephanie Ciccarelli of Voices.com for including my little blog in her 100+ Industry Resources For Voice Over Talent. It's a great compilation of blogs, message boards, books, etc that all voice talent should take a look at! While you are at it, also be sure to check out:

80+ Online Marketing Resources for Voice Over Talent
10+ Podcasting Resources, Tools, and Services
100+ EBusiness Resources for Voice Over Talent
100+ Online File Storage and Delivery Resources for Voice Over Talent

These are each lists worth bookmarking! I can't imagine how much time it took to compile them, so again- a huge thanks to Stephanie and the Voices team!

Another 'list' to peruse is the Client Survey Voices conducted. Interesting results!

On a different note, I had lunch with a fellow actor today who is also the program director for one of our local radio stations. He asked me a question that stuck in my head...when did I know I was funny? (Which he asked after hearing my old morning radio show demo) Without hesitation I told him I knew when my dad told me. I was a little girl and my father once mentioned in passing that I had a very dry, witty sense of humor. I've always remembered that moment of encouragement, and have never shied away from a good joke since. :)

It's wonderful when folks we look up to take the time to point out one of our gifts. It helps us be fearless in our pursuits. So, my question to you...when did you know you had a special talent?

It feels good to think about it, doesn't it?!

3 comments:

MCM Voices said...

Kara, I love that story about your dad telling you you were funny! One of these days I hope to meet you and find out just how right he was. And Stephanie was right too - you do belong in the top 100!

Although being funny has always been an important part of my persona, the moment that stands out for me is when I was giving a talk in a graduate class on paleoclimates at the University of Arizona. Afterwards one of my fellow students told me he'd had to think about death to keep from laughing himself sick.

I was pleased :)

Kara Edwards said...

Mary-

Oh, I do hope we are able to meet one day soon! Anyone that can speak on paleoclimates is someone I am proud to know :). Actually, anyone who can SAY paleoclimates will impress me!

Kara

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.