Thursday, April 24, 2008

VOICE 2008

If you are someone that has followed this blog for a while, then you are likely someone who has visited some of the voice over message boards from time to time. Lately, there have been many threads posted discussing the upcoming VOICE 2008 conference going on in LA in August.

I attended VOICE 2007, and had the time of my life. I had been hesitant to commit to attending VOICE this year for a variety of reasons. The majority of the reasons were personal (my husband and I hope to put our house on the market around that time, but we may push that back). However, I really wanted a confirmation of some sort that VOICE 2008 would be as great as 2007. I wanted to know that I would learn a ton and have an opportunity to connect with some of the best in LA.

While I did pick up some great morsels of information at VOICE 2007, the best part was networking with fellow voice actors and producers. My fear this year was that it would be too tailored to those new to voice over. I also worried that some of my pals from last year might not be there this year.

I'm someone who likes to see a 'sign' that lets me know what I should do. So- I sat back to see if anything would pop up letting me know I should go.

My sign came 2 days ago in the form of an e-mail from Judy Steidl. My pal Bobbin Beam had thrown my name into the hat of folks to join the Advanced Team for VOICE 2008. I recognized the sign, and immediately signed up for VOICE!

Let me say, I am SO glad I did! I just finished my first conference call with the Advanced Team (including James and Penny). I can not express how thrilled I am with some of the items James and Penny are cooking up for the conference.

I'm not allowed to spill the beans just yet, but I want to encourage each of you to sign up for the newsletter at the VOICE 2008 website. Announcements are coming soon that will really put VOICE on a new level. Whether you are just getting into voice over, or are a seasoned professional- this is going to be an amazing event.

Early bird registration ends May 15th, so if you are planning to attend, you'll want to hop to it!

I know I can sometimes be a skeptic, and I believe asking questions and making people think is a good thing. I will say- for me- it has now been confirmed that this event is going to be worth every penny . [Although I'm still amazed at the $20 a day parking, which I'm told is normal in LA! This small town girl has never paid $20 to park a car!]

I'm pumped about VOICE, and I can't wait to see what else James and Penny have up their sleeves. If tonight is any indication- it's going to be a wild weekend!

If you are attending, make sure to say hello!

No comments: