Thursday, September 1, 2011

A year of "Sound Advice"

A little over a year and a half ago I was contacted by my friend Dan Friedman, asking if he could use a blog I wrote in his new book. I've known Dan for a few years and he has always been my 'go to' person for studio advice (With every new studio, Dan is the first person to sign off on my 'sound'.) I was, of course, most honored for Dan to use my blog on setting up ISDN! But I was even more curious about this book he was writing.

Dan explained that while there are a plethora of books on doing voice over, there is not a single book on how to set up a home studio, how to engineer your own sessions, how to trouble shoot technical issues, how to choose the right microphone for your voice, etc, etc. So Dan set out to write one.

And boy did he! I could not wait to get my copy of Sound Advice- Voiceover From an Audio Engineer's Perspective. Dan did not disappoint. This is a book that I continue to refer back to again and again- it sits on my closet shelf, just to my right.

I've just learned that today marks the one year anniversary of Dan's book. This blog is a big congratulations to my friend Dan, and also a plug for a really great book. If you haven't had the chance to purchase your own copy- I recommend that you do!!! Also, make sure you check out Dan's blog regularly- as an actor and an engineer, Dan has a lot to teach us all!

Way to go Dan!!

(A small disclaimer- while I do have a blog printed in Dan's book, I do not make any money off the sale of it...therefore this is an actual, honest endorsement of something I am very proud to be a very small part of.)

1 comment:

Dan Friedman said...

You ROCK Kara! Thank you very much for all of your kind words and support.