Monday, June 11, 2007

Voice Acting is Big News!

A few days ago, I received an e-mail from my friend Moe Egan. She had been asked a few questions about voice acting from a reporter for CNN.com. She wanted to know if I would be willing to also answer a few questions since I have voiced characters for different anime. The main focus of the article was about how the Internet has changed the world of voice over. I happily typed out a very long response to the question for reporter Steve Mollman.

Today, this article appeared on CNN.com International! It's titled Internet Gives Voice to Unseen Actors. I was shocked to discover I had actually been featured in the article along with Moe, Voices.com, Voice123.com, CommercialVoices.com (of which I am not a member, but will have to check out!), and Michiru Yabu. What a start to the day!

Of course, there is much debate about the tone of the article in the VO world. Emotions run high in such a competitive industry. There are so many people trying to become voice actors now. It seems easy (it is not), inexpensive (definitely not), and fun (yeah, ok- it's fun). It's a bit overwhelming to those of us who have been voice acting for years. However, I do feel that the market will take care of itself. Those who have the talent, patience, and strong work ethic will make it. Everyone else will find another line of work. I've decided not to worry about it and concentrate on my own career.

Now, onward with more free publicity!

While in Raleigh, NC for Animazement 2007 a few weeks ago, I was interviewed along with my dear friend Kyle Hebert by the Ki Anime Community. They have now posted 20 minutes of video from that interview where we discuss...well, we just talk alot! You can see it here!

Finally, speaking of my friend Kyle Hebert, he has a segment on his site called Kyle TV. He posted a 2 minute clip of us talking. It's the only time you will ever see my rabbit impression on camera, guaranteed!

So, enough about me...tell me what you think of me? (Sorry, this post felt awfully self serving so I couldn't resist!)

I'm off to pray for rain...

5 comments:

Peter O'Connell said...

Kara:

Congrats to all of you for some great "pub", well derserved.

Now, what are you going to do with it?

Best always,

Peter

Peter O'Connell said...

"deserved"

I can spell, I just can't type :)

Kara Edwards said...

Peter,

What am I going to do?

I'm going to Disneyland!

:)
Kara

Anonymous said...

Kara,

Good for you! And good for Moe! I'm just so delighted to see you gals get some well deserved International publicity.

Be well,
Bob

Kara Edwards said...

Bob,

Thank you for your comment! Yup- I owe Moe big time for this one!

Kara