Wednesday, December 21, 2011

'Twas the Night Before Christmas Benefits Children

A couple of weeks ago, I was asked to participate in a very cool project alongside 30 of the top voice actors in the country. Together, we recorded an audio version of 'Twas the Night Before Christmas to raise money for the Mattel Children's Hospital UCLA. We decided to call ourselves "Primetime Voices for Children". Led by the amazing Joe Cipriano, we each recorded 2-4 lines of the audio, some of us in our own voices- some of us in character voices.


(Can you guess which two lines are mine?)

Joe has worked tirelessly trying get the word out about our charity, and we've been overwhelmed by all of the positive feedback! The audio has been played on 94.7 the Wave, it's appeared on Rick Dee's website, and even showed up in an article published on Entertainment Tonight's website! Click here for that link.

You'll notice a short video at the top of ET's website...yes, it's video of a few of us recording our lines. Now you can see what I look when I'm in studio recording your projects! :) Click here to see a slightly longer version of that same video on YouTube.

I am so honored to be a part of such a special and important project, and ask that you consider donating to the Children's Hospital. There are several ways this can be done. You can purchase the audio on iTunes for .99, donate directly at Fundly.com, or follow the fan page on Facebook and donate there...here are some links:


Every single day I am reminded how fortunate I am to be living out my dreams of being a full-time actor/voice actor. None of this would be possible without you...my readers, my clients, my colleagues, my friends. As we enter into 2012, I want to say thank you...from the bottom of my heart. Yes, thank YOU! I look forward to working with you more in the New Year!

xo,
Kara


.

No comments: